Friday, October 3, 2014

Where Do You Go to Contemplate Life?



I recently sat on some rocks with my feet in the freezing Arkansas river, on the River Walk in Canon City, CO.  We had time between appointments and decided to indulge in some sunshine while it was still nice.  We talked for a while, my trainees and I, and then for a few minutes it was quiet.  We all got lost in our own thoughts. I find that my best and deepest thinking occurs when putting my feet in fresh water and having a mountain backdrop.  Whenever I need a change of heart or mind, this seems to help.  I don't really think it has anything to do with the water, but maybe it does. A recent article in Sunset Magazine, made me take a moment and think about where I contemplate life.   

This was my view on the River Walk in Canon City,CO
 
Having spent 2 full summers working at RDC (Rockywold Deephaven Camps), in Holderness ,NH on Squam Lake at the base of Rattlesnake Mountain, I have had my fair share of feet in the water and looking at the mountains.  There I contemplated what I truly wanted to do with my life, what kind of romantic relationship was right for me, what true friendship and love were, and how I wanted to spend the next 5 years of my life.  Those are some pretty deep thoughts for a 19 year old.  Most 19 year olds that I know are more concerned with who's house they are getting drunk at that night instead of contemplating life. 
 
Another view of the Arkansas river and the mountains beyond

 
Where do you contemplate life?


Happy Friday!  Go find someplace to contemplate life- you know you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment