Monday, February 2, 2015

5 Reasons Going to the Gyno Sucks- and 5 Reasons You Need To Go


I woke up early this morning and immediately regretted the decision, today is the day.  I have to go get my Well Woman check up for the year.  I kept putting it off because while I was working it was impossible to get time off to go take care of it.  Now that schooling is my primary function- my schedule opened up. I knew I needed to do it, but no woman enjoys going to see the Gynecologist.

5 Reasons Going to the Gyno Sucks
1. Everyone has cold hands.  I have never met one who has warm hands- nurses, techs, or the doctor.  BRRR
2. Being partially or fully naked with a little paper sheet to cover you.  Being cold sucks! Cold hands +cold room+ naked= NOT HAPPY
3. Sharing personal information about your sexual habits and activities with someone who is not a trusted friend or your spouse/sexual partner. - AWKWARD
4. Not knowing how much to share with the doctor. Every symptom may be something, but most of us are not comfortable sharing these things with our doctor. We are constantly afraid something is wrong with us.- FEAR
5. Someone who is not you or your spouse/sexual partner touching your lady parts- UNCOMFORTABLE

5 Reasons you need to go to the Gyno
1.  Pap smears are only every 3 years now!
2. You need to talk about your sexual health with someone other than friends and your partner.  A doctor knows a lot more about your reproductive system than you do.
3. Making sure to get an exam yearly will lead to higher detection of abnormal symptoms - breast lumps, cervical cancer etc.
4. Just like you get a yearly physical from your primary care physician, you need a check of your lady parts once a year.  Guys turn and cough, we get probed. Just do it.
5. Your birth control that you have been taking may be screwing with your emotions, period pain, menstrual cycle, likelihood of getting pregnant, etc- talk to your Gynecologist every year about whether what you are currently taking is serving you well and whether there may be something better on the market for you.  If you have an IUD- YOU NEED TO GO YEARLY TO HAVE IT CHECKED!

Extra tips:

  • If something seems weird -it probably is- write it down and call your Gynecologist to make an appointment. 
  •  Do not stay with a gynecologist who you do not like- you have every right to switch to someone who makes you more comfortable. 
  •   Ladies still in school- even if your university has a womens' health center- you may be better off going to an off campus provider- Just make sure it's covered by your insurance. 



#Loveme Challenge Day 2
A picture of me- right after working out
I love my body!  I am not doing my 100 day challenge to change my body because I feel negative towards it!  I'm working out because it's good for me and because working out brings more serotonin into my blood stream(it's the chemical that makes you feel happy). I LOVE this body!  It enables me to do everything I want(except for handstands and splits- but I'm working on getting there)

Happy Monday!
<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment