Friday, February 27, 2015

Signs you are TOO stressed



What do you do when you become too stressed?  
What role does it play on your health?



These are just some of the symptoms of being too stressed. If you are experiencing these symptoms(you may just be hormonal), please seek help from a friend, spouse, parent, a doctor, or a counselor depending on your preference. 

When it happens to me, there are a few steps that I take...
1. write out everything that is causing me stress and running through my head- free form- I just write it out.
2. Make a cup of tea.
3. Take a long hot bath and read a book for pleasure.  
4.  Step 4 is an as needed- sometimes I just need to have a good cry and admit I’m being utterly ridiculous
5.  Get a hug from my spouse- physical contact and knowing that it’s someone who cares about me, is very important. 
6.  Eat a good meal- nothing fried or overly fatty.  I try for lean meat or fish, a leafy green salad, a side green veggie, a piece of italian bread with butter, and a cup of milk.
7.  Go to bed early
 


In order to decrease the amount of time that you spend in the past the point of no return stress stage, do little things each week that decrease your stress. I take a bath with salts and oil at least once a week.  I try to start my morning with a cup of tea. I hug my spouse as often as possible.  I try to eat well.  These things keep me from hitting my too stressed point. 

Take some time to write down things that help you when you are stressed to the max. 

Have a great weekend!

Day in Day out,
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment