Friday, January 2, 2015

Third down for what? GO VOLS!

I sit here watching the VOLS whoop on Iowa in the Taxslayer Bowl. #thirddownforwhat

One of the biggest things that people forget when working out is that you have to listen to your body.  My body has been telling me for the last week, in no uncertain terms, you have bronchitis. Instead of listening to it and taking it easy, I've still been working out and trying to stick to the schedule I set for myself.

 Yesterday was day 2 on antibiotics and I was hurting from my workout the day before and from the bronchitis. I could barely breathe.  I decided that for my body's sake, I needed to take it easy.  So instead of doing the full workout I was planning, I did 30 minutes of gentle yoga.  It didn't hurt my lungs and even encouraged me to focus on my breathing.  If your body is telling you something is wrong, listen to it.  I've spent way too much time in the last year not listening to my body and honestly I think it's why I never got healthy.  By listening to my body, I helped myself feel better.  I slept through the night and woke up today feeling 10x better than I have in the last week.

Here's what I did Thursday: 1-1-15
Lunges: 0
Squats:40
Plank: 
     Left:0
     Right:0
     Center: 2:00
Pushups:0
Tricep dips:0
Russian twists:0
Yoga:30 min     
Cardio: 10 min
Today I plan on taking it easy as well.  I did 20 minutes of dishes this morning and 10 minutes of walking briskly, plus vaccumming. I'm not a fan of cleaning, but I feel better knowing my house is clean.

Have a great day and listen to your body!
<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment