Monday, September 29, 2014

Make your 10 minute shower feel like a Spa Day


I rarely get more than 10 minutes to take care of personal hygiene. So that 10 minutes is important.  Every other day is shaving day, duh.  I wear dresses 85% of the time to work, and have to have smooth and professional legs. So 50% of the time, I only get 5 real minutes of pamper myself time in the shower. 

I associate spa's with a few things: a nice smell, gentle lighting(candles), and quiet sounds. So I try to replicate these things in my own home.

How I make my 10 minutes count...
Since we don't pay utilities, I start my shower at least 3 minutes before I get into it and let the steam heat up the bathroom.(these 3 minutes don't count)  There is nothing worse than getting undressed when it is cold.  Unlike most normal people, I don't have the fan going either.  I like it steamy! I also light a candle or two plus turn on a few battery operated candles. (So I can see) and put on some relaxing music(I like acoustic/nature sounds)

If I'm shaving, as the bathroom is heating up, I cover my legs and other parts in cheap awesome smelling conditioner(I like V08 peaches and cream. It's 99 cents). It makes the hair soft and easier to get through. 

When shaving:
- Lather hair
-Shave legs
-Massage scalp
-Rinse hair
-Put conditioner in if you use it
- Shave other parts
-  Rinse hair
- Lather body with delicious smelling soap that will make you relaxed/elated depending on necessity
- Final rinse.


When not shaving
- Lather hair
-Apply body scrub.  Massage into skin.
- Rinse body
-Massage scalp
- Lather body with delicious smelling soap that will make you relaxed/elated depending on necessity
- Final rinse. 
 
Here is a nice article from Mind Body Green on how to give yourself a scalp massage and its benefits: Give yourself a scalp massage

Either way, when I get out I indulge in either body oil from Neutrogena or a decadent body lotion. It makes me feel pretty and happy.
 

 
Take the time for yourself to be relaxed.  For me it means a few minutes to myself to pamper myself and be alone with my thoughts. Splurge on that decadent body wash/soap. Make sure you feel superb.  It's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment