Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Why your Relationship with your Parents is Important

I love my parents.  They drive me crazy and I drive them crazy, but I love them.  I am beyond thankful to have grown up with parents who unconditionally loved me, supported me, and taught me how to be the woman I am today.  My relationship with my parents is important.  

It hit me the other day, that my parents, just like everyone else, are going to die someday.  I live hours and hours away from my parents.  I recently saw my parents in July, but before that it had been almost 7 months.  I cried when i saw them.  I miss them. I miss being able to go to my dad for a hug when I have a rough day.  I miss helping my mom pick out clothes and purses to get ready for a charity event.  I love my parents dearly and I don't talk to them nearly as much as I should.  

Your parents are not going to be around forever.  There will come a time when they aren't there anymore and you are going to miss all the little things and all the big things that were a part of them.  Remember that when they make you angry because they lecture you about your financial decisions or call you repeatedly when you haven't been in contact.  They do it because they love you. 

My relationship with my parents is important and as busy as I am, I know they are busy too.  I need to put the time and effort into being a better communicator with them. 

I love my parents. They are incredible people who have raised two kids while managing full time careers, non-profit work and organizations, and kept a balanced home life.  If I grow up to be half the parent that they are, I'll be doing pretty good. 

Love you guys,

B


1 comment: