Friday, September 19, 2014

YOGAFIT: finding time to work out



 All seniors try to get in to one of the fitness classes in college. My best friend and I managed to get into the same class.  We decided on Yoga- for the relaxation.  I was applying to graduate schools and she was building a life in a new house for her husband when he came back from deployment. We knew we were going to be stressed.  The yoga class that I took as a blow-off in college, changed my views on yoga as a whole.
 
 The benefits I experienced following the YOGAFIT system were wonderful. I had taken yoga classes previously, but I was not impressed by either the workout(I come from a martial arts background) or the way the workouts progressed(the moves did not flow into each other and make sense)  We had to purchase a book for our yoga class. Weird right?

  I still use that book. The system makes sense.  The moves are explained in a clear and concise manner. I feel great afterwards and the workout is as challenging as I want it to be. If you enjoy yoga, please look into this system. It is fantastic. 
 

I followed the system during graduate school, doing 10 minutes of yoga in the morning before classes. It made me more relaxed throughout the day as I was taking a crazy course load. 

Once we moved out to Colorado, exercising fell to the wayside for the most part.  I was always working.  When I wasn't working, I was trying to relax.  Somehow the idea did not cross my mind to start getting back into yoga for relaxation. I enjoy doing the monthly fitness challenges on Pinterest and Facebook, but if I don't set reminders on my phone, I forget. 
 

 I took the step to purchase 5 YogaFit Dvd's as a reward to myself for meeting my personal goals at work.  They arrived last night and like a kid at Christmas I opened every single one of them.  I'm not ashamed :) Starting tomorrow I am devoting myself to at least 10 minutes of yoga a day.  The Dvd's range in time needed from 10-15 minutes to 75 minutes. I'd like to work my way to a full 75 minutes, but for now, I'll start with a realistic goal of 10 minutes per day. 

Here is the link for where I got my DVD's. You can also purchase the book on this site as well.

Have a great day everyone! Thank goodness it's Friday! And go get some exercise!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment